Skip Hire Services explained
What is included in the price…
- Hire of Skip Container
- Highway Licence/Permit (if specified on booking)
- Delivery and Collection of the Skip Container
- Disposal of the Non-Hazardous waste
- Guaranteed to always be one of our vehicles
What is NOT included in the price…
- Highway Licences/Permits Extensions
- Additional equipment (if required)
- Overloaded Wastes
- Disposal of any Hazardous / Non-Accepted items
Can I put different wastes into a Skip?
Yes, although we do ask you to consider the following...
- Please do not mix other wastes with Soil or Hardcore
- Placed Soil or Hardcore in first and the other wastes on top
- Keep Glass to one side/end of the skip
- Do NOT over fill the skip and no 'Greedy Boards' at the sides/ends of the skip
What areas we cover
- Lower Halstow
- Milton Regis
Isle of Sheppey
- Warden Bay
- Blue Bell Hill
- Rainham, Kent
- St. Marys Island
Why choose T J SKIPS?
T J SKIPS are a local family run business, with nearly 20 years experience within the waste industry. By choosing T J SKIPS you can be assured that your waste will be handled in a professional and safe manner. Based in Newington, near Sittingbourne Kent. T J SKIPS are conveniently situated directly in between Medway and Swale. As well as being registered Waste Carriers, T J SKIPS hold an Environment Permit / Waste Management Licence enabling us to sort through, segregate and dispose of your waste with limited harm to the environment. T J SKIPS ensure that all waste materials are disposed of and in accordance with all current legislation, to help safeguard the environment. Running our own Transfer Station allows us to recycle up to 80% of the waste we handle. T J SKIPS is also WAMITAB (Waste Management Industry Training & Advisory Board) CoTC accredited.
- Is the driver suitable to take the weight of our skip lorry?
- Our vehicles can weigh up to 18 tonnes when lifting a full skip.
- It is the customers' responsibility to ensure the surface where the skip is to be placed is adequately protected.
- Do not move the skip once it has been positioned by our vehicles as this could cause problems on collection and cause damage.
- To ensure access is clear for the delivery, exchanging or collection of the skip.
- To notify our staff on booking of any possible obstructions (e.g. overhead cables,branches/trees).
- Do you have any access restrictions?
- Is it a shared driveway?
- Are there any manhole covers that will need protecting?
- It is not advisable to place a skip onto an unprotected tarmac drive during a hot summer.
- Block paved driveways should be protected by the customer, especially during heavy rains.
- Our vehicles will not drive over unmade/dirt roads during wet periods.
- It is the customers responsibility to notify when the skip is filled.
- To pay the hire charge in full before requesting a collection.
- The responsibility of the Non-Hazardous waste only transfers to T J Skips once payment, in full, has been received.
- All Hazardous, non-accepted items and incorrectly deposited conditional wastes remains the Waste Producers responsibility irrespective of payment.
- It is the customers responsibility to protect driveways/locations for the skip and should ensure that we are notified on booking of any possible issues.